ZINE SQUAD | LOVELY LAYERS

Our lovely layers zine was received the other week by EmK and we couldn't be happier to see how joyful she was to receive it! Check out her video here, and the rest of this post for all of my pages.

I was the second person to work on this zine after Vanessa, so I am sharing what it looked like when it left me VS arrived with EmK. I love to see the progress of a zine as it goes to each artist!

Although being one of the first means you don't get to doodle on as many other peoples pages (my favourite thing to do) you get to see its evolution which is really cool.


Original Zine Squad: Katie, Vanessa & Myself
Guest Ziner: Holly


Cover

I created this layered ink and acrylic paint cover 

  
Which then got additions of stamps and it's title!


This was my double spread, using the same technique of layered dashes as the cover. I used a mix of felt tips and inks on these two pages though. I added the quote (one of my favourites for days when you get too introspective) onto some tracing paper to add to the layered theme.


My layered inks and felt tips on the left, Vanessa's Frida collage on the right

  
I love the collage additions my page got!


the back cover

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Be sure to check out the rest of the squads pages today too!

--------------------------------------------------------------------


You can find all of our other zines here and to see sneak peeks and progress shots, follow @zinesquad on instagram!

No comments