ART JOURNAL | COLLAB WITH KATE VOLYANSKAYA

At the beginning of this year, Kate and I worked on a collaborative art journal. I was so happy to embark on this joint journal as I have been obsessing over Kate's abstract style for years now. She is one of my favourite Get Messy artists and never fails to inspire me.



Kate started the journal, sent it to me and then I returned it to Kate in Russia.

Sadly though, our journal got lost/stolen/liberated somewhere between the UK and Moscow! We have decided to share the finished journal anyway, even though it is MIA and Kate hasn't seen the finished thing!



I made my pages after just watching La La Land so they are inspired by that. 

In particular, this one quote:

"Here's to the ones who dream, foolish as it may seem
Here's to the hearts that ache
here's to the mess we make"



I added the text and collage on the left



Double spread by me



Again, I added the text over Kate's double spread



Kate's line drawings, my text



My double spread



My double spread, working on top of a pink inky page by Kate



My double spread

It was a really cool little collab and I hope you'll join me in willing it safely back to Kate at some point in the future!



You can find Kate here on instagram and here on her blog

2 comments

  1. Yay!!! Absolutely love the pictures you took! I couldn't dream of making them this cool looking!!! Every page was fun :) Thank you for collaborating with me Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my fave collabs ever! <3

    ReplyDelete