GET MESSY 2017 | INSPIRED BY KATIE LICHT

This year, each season of Get Messy Art Journal includes an artist in residence. For our last season  - season of colour - it was the wonderful Katie Licht. I have been a fan of Katie since the beginning of Instagram (seriously, where did we find art to lust over before?!) and was really excited when it was revealed she would be doing a live webinar! 


Unfortunately, I missed the actual live recording of it, but was able to catch up this week, luckily for me the webinar is still available on the Get Messy site for members.


I had a great time listening to Katie talk about her process and showing us her art journals, whilst creating Licht-inspired collages myself.


I need a... 
- collage, felt tips

I got this super sassy stamp a couple of years ago and have recently re-discovered my love for it! 


Cage
- collage, stamps

I also used a lot of my Japanese stamps in these pages they were both from the store Loft in Tokyo on sale for about £1 each (!!!!!!)


The Story
- collage

Adding to one of my 100 day project girls



What to do
- washi tape, collage, pen

The birdhouses come from some very old Paperchase wrapping paper that I can't bear to part with. It reminds me of something moomin-esque


I'm not here right now
- collage, chalk pen, washi tape, stamps

A heavier collaged piece on the left, utilising that sassy stamp again on the right! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------





Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! "  


No comments