GET MESSY 2017 | COLOUR | WEEK 3

I am seriously loving this season so much! 

Any excuse to get my rainbow soul out there and onto a page! 


Soft is strong
- felt tips, washi tape, collage


I wrote one of the prompts this week, to think about colours that are non-bright. I hated it, I didn't want it in my technicolor season that is evolving! This was the last page I made and layering my pastel highlighters actually gave me this strong pattern which is awesome. So a note to myself - sometimes soft can be strong. Remember that.



Always bright
- oil pastel felt tip, ink

Back in my blue sky journal! I wanted to represent a firework of colour using mixed media tools and I'm super happy with the outcome. 


I think I could make so many patterns from these two pages.. !


One in every colour
- ink, felt tips, collage

Our guest artist for this season is Katie Licht, her artwork is a collage dream and inspired this (my favourite from this week) page. 


I added in some interactive elements. A new thing for me that could easily become a common thing for me!


Lastly, we were prompted to think of a world without colours. Aka, not a great place. My main concern when thinking about this non-existent world would be how to express yourself? Colour is so communicative and emotional... would we use shape instead?


I made all of my pages in a Thursday night flurry. I was in a pretty ecstatic mood which I think comes across in my art! My reason for being so excited was that this week my class Pen + Ink was released on the Get Messy site. It's a big accomplishment for me and the result of a lot of learning and love. Check out my post here all about it!

-------------------------------------------------------------------


Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! " 

2 comments