ZINE SQUAD | SEASIDE

Our latest zine squad victim was Gilly. A get messy original and of course, very deserving of a seaside-y zine!

As I live in the same country as Gilly, I was last to receive the zine. This means I added to loads of pages because I literally just can't help myself!

Original Squad: Katie, Vanessa & Myself
Guest Ziner: Cait



This has to be Cait's beautifully abstract page - I collaged on the mermaid and just love that it has the pink and blue colours in the image as well! She is a photo of some street art I saw in Lisbon on a trip last year. 



Vanessa on the left I think, mine on the right. I also added the watercolours border around the lady. The painting on the right was actually one that Lauren sent me a while ago, I just added inky blue layers. 



Again, adding collages to Cait's paintings! This boat comes from an old treasure island book I brought from a charity shop recently. 



My double spread. I collaged on some lino prints of tarot cards I made a few years ago. I wanted to create a really vibrant centre piece and am obviously happy with this! 



My seaside girl on the left, not sure who's print this is on the right? 



I think that's Katie's whales on the left and I collaged another treasure island boat along with other seasidey ephemera on the left, 



My collaged pieces also made in into this page... 




Vanessa's page on the left had a fun flip through element. I added the inky parts and text to the seagulls. 



Ink and salt, perfect for seaside adventures !


--------------------------------------------------------------------



You can find all of our other zines here and to see sneak peeks and progress shots, follow @zinesquad on instagram!

3 comments

  1. I love all of your add ons, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jules, your quote "life is better by the sea" is perfect as I feel so at home in Cornwall whether walking along a cliff path, just mooching by the waters edge or collecting treasures on the beach. Also your addition of the 'Treasure Island' ships reminds me of my ancestors who were Excise men patrolling the dangerous waters of Devon & Cornwall in the late 17C early 18C!! I love it all xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. almost about choosing the most useful muscle constructing dietary supplements, one item that is a ought to have in all of us's every day food plan is that of creatine. http://musclegainfast.com/ef13-muscle-supplement/

    ReplyDelete