GET MESSY 2016 | DREAMS | WEEK 3



An overview of all this weeks pages together - I am very impatient so often will create in multiple journals at once. Who has time to wait for things to dry?!


Daydream
- ink, paint & felt tips


I don't have one specific "daydream" but many, many that change daily. I think daydreaming is important for your mental health as a little break from reality. I was always accused as a child for being too much in my own mind and I haven't changed much as an adult.. These inky swirls are so dreamy, I am really into my inks for the season of dreams as well as the inktober challenge I am doing this October.  


Oscar
- collage, marbling, ink, pen & washi tape

As I have mentioned before, animals and most notably, my cat Oscar talk to me in my dreams. They never move their mouths (neither do humans in my dreams) but I hear their voices in my head - make sense? Kind of dream telepathy. I recently found out that my husband also dreams that Oscar can talk and that makes me ridiculously happy. 


Grounded 
- ink, collage & pen


As I said before, staying in the real world is a challenge for me. I love the images in this spread and drawing inky moons is one of my favourite things to do.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! "   

6 comments

  1. I need grounding too!!!!!! Lately eating root veges is helping. What is this thing called human we decided to do anyway? I love your work as always Julia, your ink work is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meghan! i think being non-grounded is more fun anyways ;)

      Delete
  2. Julia! LOVE that Oscar speaks to you! Love that you referred to Mark as 'my husband'! I really am into your inky pages for both Inktober and this Season. Just in awe of you in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! I know, it's a weird thing (Mark being my husband in a formal context that is - not Oscar talking) that I'm trying to get used to! Thank you for the inky and general love <3 <3 <3

      Delete