GET MESSY 2016 | DREAMS | WEEK 2

Sometimes when I read the prompts, I get stuck on just one. That happened this week. All of my pages are based around the question "what is really happening in your brain as you sleep?"

I re-used pages in photoshop that I had already created and scanned in over the last few years of my get messy journey. I wanted to re-count old pages in a new, mixed way, like your brain filtering through memories and thoughts as you sleep. 

I am left with a semi-series, with repeating colours and images. Much like last's weeks pages. 





Do you ever re-use images of your own work? I can't quiet tell if this technique (fun as it is) is almost like cheating or something really cool and unique?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! "   

4 comments

  1. I make a lot of copies of art in my sketchbook to use in my art journal, so I'm in favor of it not being called "cheating". haha.

    and as always, Jules, your style is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perfect! Nice to know I'm not alone in this! Thank you! <3 :)

      Delete
  2. Very cool, very unique and I love the result

    ReplyDelete