GET MESSY 2016 | DREAMS | WEEK 1

I think we have officially found my ideal theme. Dreams are such a fascinating part of all our lives and a part I love to examine and talk about. I often have lucid dreams which turn into night terrors. I am so intrigued by the human psyche and what goes on under the surface, how our brains dissect our days, events and feelings. 


Colours and Fears
- ink, acrylic & photoshop

I wanted to start of this new season by trying to explain the nature of my dreams. They're not all bad but fear, anxiety and a lack of control are a common theme. I also have a weird thing where when people talk in my dreams, there mouths never move and animals talk to me in this way too. I also often dream of loved ones but they are almost always horrible. It's a vibrant place in my dream world, but also very scary and disconcerting.  


Magic, Fear, Clarity & Confusion
- collage, label maker, ink, pen & photoshop

This week I really enjoyed duplicating and layering images in Photoshop. So that I ended up with two pairs of pages almost. 
I used the wolf here as a symbol of protection for my night terrors. 


Fragments
- ink, collage & photoshop

This page started with collaged sections from my ink boxes. The ink had leaked and made lovely patterns (you can see them in yellow). I then wrote out the words "you'll find me in the fragments, that's where I am" I wanted to dispel my identity from the terrors and turmoil that often are in my dreams. I am pretty obsessed with the smudged nature of the lettering, like a dream fading from your mind. 


Monsters Are Real
- collage, pen & photoshop

Again, I used the previous page background as a collaged digital element here. I put the sleeping girl in the palm of a hand as I often feel like your dreams are almost out of your own control and dictated by some force you cant control (hey subconscious)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! "   

6 comments

  1. Pretty awesome! Love how you use photoshop to create complicated blend of patterns! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Might be my most favourite of your blog posts and pages ever!All the vibrancy and intensity paired with your thoughts about your dreams - amazing Jules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And an amazing comment from you! Thanks so much Em <3 :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I think that could be my pseudonym! Thank you Tlee :)

      Delete