GET MESSY 2016 | MUSIC | WEEK 2

Week 2 of the season of music was all about nostalgia. I love this type of subject and music is something that can be so evocative of an era in your life. All my songs referenced this week are from my teenage / university years, a weird, embarrassing but exciting time! 

My art journal this week was mainly my copy of Oh comely as I was travelling yesterday for work on the train. oh Comely is my new favourite magazine obsession, I just want to live inside it.


Smiths
- magazine & pen

Not even ashamed to say I only learnt about the Smiths from the film 500 days of Summer. 


Bruises 
- magazine, pen & photoshop

Anyone else remember this i pod advert song ?! 


Into You
- pen & photoshop

I cheat a little here as this song is pretty recent but i know teenage me would have loved it. Paramore were introduced to me by a friend at University and I just obsessed over them for a good few years. 


Judy
- ink & tombows

This was the first song I brought on i Tunes !! 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! "   


10 comments

  1. I love Oh Comely magazine too, in fact I am going to the international newsagent this weekend so I might grab a copy (always a bit old, but still good!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much energy in your pages Jules! yay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Bruises page is awesome, that boarder especially: so much color! I love all of these pages so much!! Also, there's no shame in learning about The Smiths a little late in the game, as long as you know about The Smiths, that's all that matters. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have thought of altering a magazine, what a lovely idea! I really like that first one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to do it! It helps the rebel inside of me! ;)

      Delete