GET MESSY BLOG HOP | ART JOURNALLER CRUSHES

Welcome to the get messy art journal creative team blog hop! Today we are all posting at the same time and linking to each other. We're also giving away one annual membership to get messy (!!) To enter, leave a comment on every blog that you visit through the hop. The more comments you leave, the higher your chance of winning. The winner will be announced on the 23rd July. I've linked the next person on in the sequence at the end of this post, I hope you enjoy it and good luck if you're entering!  





A few weeks ago a question from Caylee was put to the get messy group on Facebook (where we chat and help one another out). Caylee wanted to know who we were crushing and loving currently, who was inspiring our art journalling. Who's work do we look at and instantly want to get creative. This is my current love lust list... 


1. Kate - Abstract obsession



I feel like every time I see Kate's work, I fall more in love with her style. She literally is my abstract obsession and inspiration. When I look at Kate's work, I feel like my eyes grow to see it all. The colours, the shapes, the emotion... abstract is my favourite kind of art and Kate executes it perfectly, every time!  


2. Vanessa - Queen of Journalling




I have been an uber Vanessa fan for forever. There is something about her deeply personal and reactive pages that make me want to get more into the journal side of art journalling. It's a scary prospect, to lay yourslef so bare but Vanessa makes it seem easy and natural. Also helps that her pages are always so beautifully layered and presented. 


3. Haley - Pattern inspiration



Haley is my number 1 person for seeing something and jumping up to get my art supplies. If you are not aware of this girl yet, you need to be! An absolute art journallers dream crush (and super cool person as well!)
  

4. Elizabeth - What I made series



I have been loving Elizabeth for a while now. I love her art almost as much as her dog Clark and her writing. Elizabeth writes in a way that makes you feel like her friend (so relatable and easy to read) and her art is expressive, beautiful and open. Hers is a blog I frequent often, hoping for creative updates!


5. Torrie and Sarah -  Mini art journals



Torrie



Sarah

I often feel hemmed in and restricted by art journals and sketchbooks, I love creating on scraps of paper and long to do some giant abstract art. This is probably why I am fascinated and enthralled by the mini journals made by Torrie and Sarah. Just - stunning.


6. Talulah Fontaine - Illustrate Life



Talulah's style is one I really covet. It's not really art journalling, more illustrations but I find them very inspiring. Through her use of colour and the emotion that is projected. 


7. Busy Weekends - collage me crazy



I adore the collage style of this get messy newcomer. Collage is one of my favourite mediums and I love to see how other people use ephemera and lay out their pages. 


8. Riet - Fearless colour



Every time I look through the #getmessyartjournal tag on instagram I always find myself drawn to Riet's pages! I love her bold use of colour and fearless style. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please comment and let me know your current art crushes so I can get even more inspired!

Visit Anika's blog now to continue the Creative Team blog hop and remember to comment to be in with a chance of winning an annual get messy membership!





Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! "    

29 comments

  1. Jules, I am so honoured to be here xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone here rocks, but currently I am loving Riet's style as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the round up of artists you love! Now I have more stuff to look at too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. "I love the way your brain works" is amazingly fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you posted your inspiration "go to girls". AND why/what it is you like. I now have some new artists to explore... woohoo! Those tiny journals though... yikes, how do they do it? I am intimidated by small... give me BIG pages. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you made a list of artists that you love. I love learning about new artists.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the kind, encouraging words. You are such a gem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seem to change almost daily! One day it's stencils, one day it's collage, the next day it's paint, the next color! Sometimes I wonder where I might end up next!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really good variety of journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Try it Meghan! I hate to work small (can't work in A6 and only create double spreads in A5). But there is something so creatively freeing about those tiny ones. You can't overthink them and that's a challange, but a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I am so honored to be in here, you are so kind and talented Jules, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel so honored, Jules! Thank you! I always felt so intimidated by your art because you are so crazy talented&cool!

    Interesting is your usage of “fearless”. As I have an anxiety disorder this is such an ironic twist, love it! Made me giggle like mad, thanks! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe I'm here! On your page. Among the artists I adore. How did that happen!?! Thank you so much Jules! So much great inspirational work around :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore EVERYONE!
    I am only new to art journaling so I find inspiration EVERYWHERE.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow love this inspiration list and your reasons on how they Inspire you

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful post!
    I think I've already told you, but I really like your style :-)

    It looks young and fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had discovered your blog via the Get Messy conversation, and I love your style. Thank you for all the inspiration in this post, many new to me artists to check.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My current art crushes? Well I only recently discovered you Get Messy ladies on Instagram via dansmoncrane, so you guys are my latest crush. I went to a Frida Kahlo exhibit in December and I've been having a Frida inspired year. Last month I was at my local art museum where there is a permanent Philip C. Curtis installation. I can't stop thinking about Gift Bearers if you're interested. Those are my current art crushes! Thank you for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all of these amazing artists too! Tanyalee and Sarah Rondon too! I keep up with your blog - thanks for inspiring me as wel!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So much inspiration in one blog post. What a great wrap up Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  21. To be honest I am crushing on EVERYONE that is on this blog hop right now. I've enjoyed getting to know some of you that I was not familiar with. I also love Tammy Garcia's art AKA daisy yellow. She has a lot of fun stuff going on in her art life that is super inspirational. Thanks for the hop and a chance to win a membership!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally agree with Barbara - crushing on everyone in the blog hop - AND all of the samples you've shared here, as well - all are inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  23. This blog has been amazing! So many creative pages in one log hop!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All of these artists are amazing! Also, I love those mini journals - so cute!

    Chelsea Williams

    ReplyDelete
  25. Shevaughn Addicott23 July 2016 at 09:04

    So many more people to follow and be inspired by!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So many great new recs! Love this list! thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete