GET MESSY 2016 | WEEK 30

This week has been crazy - I am so busy right now that these few hours I took to create and draw in my art journal were pure escapism. 


Home & Houses
- ink, gouache, tracing paper, pen, felt tip & label maker

I made this page in response to seeing my family back in Norfolk last weekend. my granddad (jokingly) asked if I would come and move in with him and my Grandma to help out around the house. He said "but you wouldn't like that, would you" I said "I'd like it too much actually, it'd be so easy"

The thing with living far away from these people, who are so dear to me is that every time I leave it is ridiculously difficult. I want to live in my grandparents house and talk about cats and the church and allotments but i can't because I have to pursue the other things in my life that give me joy and purpose - that frustratingly aren't where they are. It's a constant battle with myself, that I think anyone who lives away from friends and family will understand. It's not a simple choice and leaving is never easy. 


TIlted
- felt tips & pen

Just call me Lauren Pearl - i too am obsessed with Christine and the Queens. I'm also pretty obsessed with these blooms!


Trouble
ink, gouache, tracing paper, pen, felt tip & washi

A few months ago I watched the film Amy, about Amy Winehouse, her life and music. I was writing down lyrics and quotes as i watched the film and now i am starting to fill these in as pages. the girl is traced because i truly suck at drawing people ! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you join us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! "   



No comments