ZINE SQUAD | ABSTRACT

We recently surprised the queen of abstract pattern Kate with her own zine! 
Kate is one of my favourite artists who participates in get messy, I love her free style and use the pages she creates as a constant source of inspiration. It was so much fun to work on this zine for her. 
I made the base and the first pages so am really eager to see the complete thing! We are all sharing what we pages are ours on our blogs today, so check out the other participants, linked below. 


Cover
- felt tips & pen

I created the base pattern and the quote for the cover. I don't know if it is just one person who added to this (Vanessa?!) or if everyone added something but it's looking truly abstract now, in its final form. 


Left Page (mine)
- acrylic paint

Last summer I watched the get messy intro to art journalling creative bug class and this technique demonstrated by Caylee (I think) changed my little art world! You put down splodges of paint and then use an old credit or store card to drag it over the paper. I loved the effect, especially when layered up as I have here. The collage on the right I am guessing is by Sarah (??!) 


Right Page Background (mine)
- ink

The galaxy girl on the left is all Katie and I think V might have added the text over my golden inky pattern 


Neon Collage 
- collage

My page on the left is a simple collage incorporating my favourite colour combination of green and pink 


Washi
- washi tape

Anything abstract isn't complete until I've washi taped over it! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The collaborators for this zine were: 





To see all of our zine pages, sneak peaks and process shots, follow @zinesquad on instagram!

1 comment

  1. I absolutely love the zine and I knew your pages straight away! ok the washi one I didn't ! :) X

    ReplyDelete