GET MESSY 2016 | INTROSPECTION | WEEK 1

We are in our first week of get messy's season of introspection. Last week I blogged about my nerves for this season but in reality, I loved creating these first pages and they came to me easily. Lets hope it's a theme that'll continue!


Art
- collage, ink, acrylic & pen

I come back to pages like this constantly because it's what I make when I'm not thinking. I was writing about the freedom of art and the luxury I have to create. 








You
- ink & collage

My spirit animal is a fox. I deciphered this from seeing one a few years ago in my garden and it looked into my soul. I kid you not. This page is dedicated to my fox friend that day. 


Heart
- collage & ink

I am using up an illustrated diary from 2015 by a German artist I have since regrettably forgotten the name of! The drawing on the left (to me) is like meeting yourself again and being comforted by you. I think there is something so powerful about the idea that you rescue you and the inner you can take care of the outer you.  


I can't wait to see how everyone else tackles this season, please check out the get messy blog and insta for more art and inspiration! 



Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you jin us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! "

6 comments

  1. Yes, wouldn't it be nice if pages just flowed easily all the time? So nice when it happens.
    To have those moments with the wild or a wild creature is really special, to make a page about it is an important thing to do. Love how you created that Fox Page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rescuing you, I love that ! I'm a big believer in that too. Popping in here today reminds me why I love art journaling and why I want to push through the hurdles of my creativity ( or jump over them haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This makes me so happy to read, you're too cute Em <3

      Delete