GET MESSY 2016 | LISTS | WEEK 5

I am currently on a training course with work so I premade these lists and am hoping there are no issues with my scheduled post today!

Coming towards the end of the season, I can safely say that it's been my favorite so far. I don't know if that's because I was so expecting to dislike it or if it's because I've really fallen for my moleskine. Creating in a journal I really love and also, creating to the same size each week has given me a more defined focus then the way I usually make. I don't think this structure is something I could always do (I would eventually rebel and go back to my myriad of sketchbooks and scrap papers) but for this season, I've loved it.


21 & 22 Lucky, Old VS Young Me
- ink, tissue, modge podge, collage, pen & sharpies

The left is a page dedicated to my first fortune cookie given to me by my friend when I was about 16. It read "You will be succsesfull at anything you try" and never has another cookies message come close! I kept it for years and I think it was actually in a college sketchbook of mine but I have no idea if I still have it anywhere now.
The collage on the right is actually of moomin creater Tove Jansson and her grandmother. I have used it though to be the same perosn, looking at themselves from either perspective of life. I love this image and I love the concept of communicating with future or past selves.  


23 & 24 Inspired, Inside Me
- collage, washi, pen, ink, bleach, sharpies


25 Quotes
- marker pen

Essentially this pinterest board, written out



Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you jin us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! " 

2 comments