GET MESSY 2016 | WEEK 13

This past week for me has been pretty hectic. I squeezed in some get messy time over Easter but I wasn't really feeling what I was making so decided to give myself a bit of breathing room.

I wanted to keep up with my commitment to posting weekly though, so I spent this evening on Photoshop, working through old images and seeing what I could create new from them. I say it so many times, but this is what I love about digital art. Your own archived collection that you can re work over and over again. 

Broken Heart
- photography, pen & photoshop 

I found this photograph from Sandringham that I took years ago. I was out for the afternoon with my grandparents, trying to distract myself from a dickhead of a boyfriend. So even though it's a perfectly innocent image of a royal bow, to me it symbolizes heartbreak, fragility and an undercurrent of wanting to flee. I had text to go with this page but it didn't sit right anywhere. It read "oh, never mind. Just my heart breaking over and over again". It was a strange time in my life because it was probably the weakest I have ever felt but it made me really strong. Thinking back to being 18 and in a tempestuous relationship, it's like looking back at another person. 
Still - I've made some pretty cool art from it all! 


Journal
- photography, collage, ink & photoshop 

This quote from girls perfectly sums up how I feel about art journalling. It's a weird thing to describe and explain. I was looking at a new house recently, and I got very excited over a potential art room. The estate agent looked at me for an explanation and I said " I like to do a lot of art" and I think she thought I was insane. I just don't know the right way to explain it?!


In My Mind
-  felt tips, pen & photoshop 

Merging Taylor Swift and imaginary friends.  

Amy
- felt tips & pen 

I watched Amy a few nights ago. I highly recommend it for a watch as it was fascinating, sad and quite bittersweet.



Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you jin us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! " 

2 comments

  1. the butterflies! I love these pages. Imagining yourself in an art room has got to be the most important step to buying a place. In looking at places for us in Beijing, my husband said : 'and here you can do all your art journaling!' (love him)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! :) I can't even get excited about an art room, it's too amazing! Maybe I need your husband to come look at houses with me? ;)

      Delete