GET MESSY 2016 | LISTS | WEEK 2


 Week 2 of Messy Lists. I am enjoying this season so much more than I had anticipated. I have started to create quite minimal (for me!) pages and I like a new way of approaching my journal. We are given each week a list of list prompts and a list of journalling prompts, it's the way in which we all pair these differently that is the most interesting, I think. 


6. When I grow up
- acrylic & label maker

I would like to be able to say I am a real artist - I can say I am a designer (day job) but owning the title of artists is so much harder. Especially when I don't draw. 


7. Loves of my life
- highlighters & pen

I tried to make this a really long list but ran out of things. A capsule love lists can't be a bad thing though. 


8 & 9 What I've learnt, Superpower
- collage, pen, acrylic & ink

The illustrations on the left are from my 2015 diary that I never really got aorund to using. I am the same every year with paper diaries, I get enchanted by them and then they just collect dust. this one I loved and I'm starting to rip it up so that the drawings get a new lease of life!
On the right is a page dediacted to being a witch. this is a superpower I have always dreamt of having because I grew up in the 90's surrounded by cool witches. Sabrina, especially was my ultimate teen icon. I brought some boots just the other day that make me feel cool and witchy as well. I just freaking love it. 


10. I want to go

I love to travel and to explore and after visiting Japan last year, my bucket list of destinations is more open. I had coveted Japan for years so visiting was a real dream come true and I defiently want to travel more of Asia. I also just want to travel in general though. See everything! 



Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you jin us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! " 


6 comments

  1. Ahem I think you are an artist already !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, I am in love with the Witch page! LIKE SO MUCH! Also the statement on the left of that page is so true

    ReplyDelete