GET MESSY 2016 | LISTS | WEEK 1


We have a new get messy season! Get Messy has teamed up with 30 days of lists to create this season, messy lists. It's a combination of art and list prompts that can be mixed and matched to whatever way suits you.  

I'm not particularly a "lister" by nature so this season will be a challenge for me, which I am looking forward to!

Also, seems like I was on a bit of a bird kick this week.. 


1. I am the best at
- collage

Some things I missed off this list; breakfast making, opinions, colour, drinking copious amounts of tea..


2, 3 & 4. Lessons learnt, This colour makes me feel, Sacrifices
- collage & felt tips

On the left, a list of lessons learnt. The doodles are all made with my non dominant hand (left). This was eye opening for me because I like to believe I am ambidextrous. I'm not, I'm really not.
The doodles are also all in yellow, my favourite and most happy colour. It's really that simple, it just makes me happy :) 
The right hand collage is about having chosen to start my career after University, rather than travelling. It's a sacrifice I went into willingly and still stand by but it's also one that surprised me. I always thought I would take a gap year or go backpacking, but when the time came it just didn't sit right with me and I embarked on a different adventure of graduate work!


5. Mysteries to explore
- ink & marker pen

I would definetly describe myself as agnostic. I'm kind of on the fence about everything until it's proven. I'm dubious about a lot of things just because I think we don't know. And I'm OK with not knowing. This quote is adapted from Educating Yorkshire and every time I look at it, it makes me grin. 



Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you jin us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! " 



6 comments

  1. I love how you do things, always a pleasure to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your use of color is always so fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so curious to see your take on the listing aspect of this season and I knew i'd love it. I like where it's going. (are you using a Moleskine?)

    ReplyDelete