GET MESSY 2016 | WEEK 11

We are in our in-between season stage again for get messy, but I am continuing (as are many of our group) to create weekly. This week I was at my parents for a few days so I took my limited art supplies with me and also raided my mums stationery stash ... 


 Japanese Weave
- collage

I actually made this (and a load other!) last weekend. I had seen this pin and it got my brain ticking over. I used Japanese paper that I think Megan sent to me (?) and a Japanese newspaper that came from TC's last swap bundle. I like these two papers mixed with the fresh vibrancy of the leafy magazine image. Paper weaving is so addictive and relaxing, something I can happily do for hours. 


Hi
- post its, felt tips, highlighters & pen


Whatever You Want
- felt tips & pen

These two pages were inspired by the amazing riot grrrrl force of Kathleen Hanna. How I did not know of this woman until now is beyond me and I am becoming full on obsessed. 
For the second spread, I drew the lines on without looking at the paper. I quite like the idea of exploring this way of unconscious creating and want to try more techniques like it. 


Snakes
- post its, felt tips & pen

I was drawing inspiration here from my parents recent trip to Cambodia. My dad showed me 400+ photo's so I had a lot of inspiration! 


Washi
- post its & washi tape

I had to cover up part of my previous snake page after I had made a mistake. This is the thing with using only essential tools - I had no paint or glue to cover with so I improvised with some post its! The cut off's made the page above, secured with washi tape that I keep in my bag because I am that cool. 





Get Messy Art Journal is an art journaling program/community. We are a group of like minded art journalers who have come together under this art form to learn, share, practice our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. Our community values consistent creating, encouragement and support and trying new things. We would love to have you jin us as a member of Get Messy Art Journal. Join Get Messy now! " 

No comments