GET MESSY 2016 | HAPPY | WEEK 4

We're a month into our Happy season! I have really enjoyed this theme and this weeks prompts took me off into my own little world... We were looking at identifying each emotion inside of us as if it were a living thing. I created something for it - hated it and then by chance stumbled across an old hard drive of mine from when I was a student. It was filled full of my summer breaks, my inspiration for projects and with that, a whole host of memories. 

I think what I have created below is similar to my "letters to my younger self" series I did at Christmas. It also is weirdly bittersweet to me as it is in a very similar style to what I had when I was at uni. I think that your style as an artist is an ever evolving thing yet also something so uniquely you. It can be hard to see your own style but I often think mine is distinguishable because I use so many layers and mediums. I also think it makes me look like I'm insane 
- or on hard drugs (!)


Fix
- collage & photoshop


Joy
- embroidery, collage & photoshop


Negative
- collage & photoshop


Sadness
- ink & photoshop


Home
- photoshop


Every time I create things digitally I fall in love with the process again. i didn't want to write too much about these pages as they are pretty self explanatory. I have always been fascinated with our inner minds and dialogue and I love to see this kind of self reflection. I can see myself and my history so clearly in these images and they were so much fun to create!  


2 comments

  1. I love how you can make layers so appealing. What a rush to find that work from uni. I love getting the chance to revisit ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I have such nostalgia for personal pasts <3

      Delete