COLLAGE CLUB: OCTOBER

I  am late posting this month (only by 3 days but I hate it) and our theme for the collages was treasure. I wanted to create something less obvious than buried or materialistic treasures so I have created the following collages around the phrase "one mans trash, is another mans treasure"

Fittingly, I used all found epherma from my stash for these - no new materials allowed! 

For Better, For Poorer 
-paper, embroidery & photoshop

These stitched diamonds come from a university project I did on magpies and luck. I layered them with scans and photocopies of letters and jewellery. I love the old tin cans from the newlywed photo and the whole bohemian vibe. 



Peacocks
- spray paint, embroidery, cellophane, paper & photoshop

Again, the stitched rings are form the same project on luck. I layered these with a spray painted stencil I created during a workshop on stencilling and then recipes (trash! Treasure!) some inky paper from my art journal and finally; the peacock. All of these colours compliment one another perfectly and it made me think of being a peacock among pigeons. 


Treasure Shopping 
- paper, paint, stamps & photoshop 

The phrase " one mans trash is another mans treasure" seems most fitting to me, in the realm of shopping. I love vintage and charity shops and the search for treasure, a bargain and something unique! 


Novembers theme for college club is junk mail. I'll see you at the end of the month to share my collages on that subject!

Julia 
Xo


2 comments

  1. OMG I love everything about your pages - your delving deep into what treasure is, the layering of digital collage, magpies, luck, diamonds and of course: being a peacock amongst pigeons. You're a STAR!

    I am feeling very sad I haven't done any collaging and very little art journaling of late. Many missed deadlines but I know have lots of other people's treasure to admire, like the magpie/peacock I am! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rebecca!!!!!! :D :D :D Hopefully you can get some art journalling and collaging in soon, fellow magpie / peacock ;)

      Delete