ARTISTS OF INSTAGRAM

This summer I joined an online group called Artists of Instagram. Once a month we trade pieces with another artist and share what we have received on Instagram. The group is growing and a new element is that our trades now have "themes"

October was Leaves and Warmth





November was Foxes and Fireworks




I'm not sure what I want from this group, initially I thought it would be a good start into selling my work online but I'm not sure if that's a route I necessarily want to take. Designing as my job means that I like my art to be completely and selfishly for me. I don't want to think about commercial appeal or to design things that are on trend or more popular. I like the set up of AOI because you are sharing your art and having people appreciate it without feeling like you're selling your soul or compromising your fun! 
If you are interested in joining, let me know and I'll invite you to the group on Facebook! It is so much fun and I am getting an awesome collection of artwork from amazingly talented people. 

Julia
xo

4 comments

  1. That sounds great, I would love to join if you could invite me. Branka Vidović-butler, bvbranka on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Branka! I'll DM you on instagram :)

      Delete