SEASON OF WORDS #3

Week 3 of Season of Words for get messy art journal.. let's go! 


Everything
- watercolour & felt tip

One of my favourite quotes from the time travellers wife. About defiance and yourself and protection.  


Raised
- acrylic, collage, stamps & felt tip

A page dedicated to my upbringing. I have spoken on my blog before about my countryside childhood and subsequent rebellion but wanted this page to be different; fuller and vibrant. I stuck to clean lines, clear colours and layers full of mark making. I liked the link between collage and childhood as layers form and your personality grows away from where and who you were raised by - but ultimately it is always in you - at your core.  

Feet
- collage & acrylic

My version of a self portrait. As a pretty vain person, I'm a little weird about using images of myself in my art journal. 
I liked the footprints as an offbeat version of identity though and this is my favourite page I've made so far this season (!)


Magic, Music & Words 
- photoshop, acrylic, watercolour & marker pen

I love this quote. I like the idea of being stitched together and that we are made up of all these different elements. I wanted to make this a minimal and bold page - but at the last minute snuck in some photoshop layering. Old habits die hard ;)

Julia
xo



8 comments

  1. Soooo, to get those fabulous footprints- did you dip your feet in paint? ^_^

    But in all seriousness I love your pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! It's so much fun, you have to try it out :D

      Thanks for the love <3 <3 <3

      Delete
    2. well, I would, but I have big feet! They're probably bigger than my art journal....

      Delete
  2. Love these pages -- especially the one inspired by your childhood. All those layers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always Julia blown away by your amazingness x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the concept of layers with your collage, the colours and the Julia style that always shines through your pages!

    ReplyDelete