POST 50: ADVENTURES END

It's the end of another season of get messy art journal. 
The season of adventure has been one of my favourites and I'm excited to see what we have in store for our next season! If you are thinking about joining the group, now is a perfect time to start fresh for the new season which will commence 23rd July.  

This week I exclusively used no paint, ink or watercolour - this wasn't a conscious decision, it just sort of happened.... 
So, much like last week, my pages look a little bit different to my usual style but I really do love them. 
Collage may of been the first artistic thing I was aware that I was good at, that wasn't drawing (!) so I am always happy to be back focused on that medium, 
and totally in my comfort zone. 



'Like Nothing Else'
- collage, stitch & Photoshop

I was listening to the new song from the Maccabees (my musical one true love) when I created this page - which is kinda like a cheat page... The stitching and the tree and basically the whole thing except a little collaged background element, I created in my second year of uni. I knew once I read this weeks prompts that this page would work perfectly. 
It's about your family (tree) and how even though you are the same as your family and will always have your roots, you want to and should strive to be like nothing else. 
To be just singularly, happily, comfortably, weirdly,  YOU


'To Be Loved'
- collage, washi tape & felt tips

During this summer the Creative Team for Get Messy are guest hosting the groups Instagram account! Last week was Nina's turn and she featured a giveaway of these letters. I think they originally read out a poem but someone cut up the letters and I never saw it complete again (!) I wanted to do something with them but wasn't sure what, until I made this page. I can't really explain it, it's quite a personal page, so I felt very calm when creating it but have no idea really what my point was. Ever happen to anyone else?! I think it's about acceptance, love and growing old. Wanting to be loved just for you, no material aspects involved or pressures. Just true, pure love. 
And that's what everyone wants, right? Especially from family. 


'Northern Lights'
- ink, felt tips & marker pen

During last weeks prompts we were challenged to create a poem around our bucket list.
 I was scared but also equally determined so this week I managed to write something out! 
It's about the northern lights - totally on my bucket list - and it doesn't really make sense. 
But that's poetry.
Right ?! 


'No Regrets'
- collage, marker pen & Photoshop

Again, using up my freebie supply! The letters are again from Nina's giveaway and the images are from a flickr account that Caylee shared a few months ago with the Get Messy group. Although I can't remember the page where she found them, so that's pretty useless information. 
Anyway, these pages came from the prompt we had this week about up. 
Once you get past the emotional roller coaster that is the first five minutes of the film, it's great! 
I couldn't quite put my finger on where I would go, as my own version of paradise falls but I decided that I would go there myself. 
I have never really ever had a solo adventure and I think I would enjoy it! 
So; YES go now - and have no regrets ! 

And with that, it's the end of the season :( 

Check out all the other amazing get messians on this weeks link up on the blog and thanks for reading! 


6 comments

  1. Speechless! SUCH beautiful and diverse pages. Love the use of the text with the roses and the birds. My fav is the first page with the branches and the stitches xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca! Thank You!! :D :D I have no other words, just Thanks :D :D

      Delete
  2. These are so beautiful and they pages convey so much emotion I think that's why I love all your pages so much, they have all the feels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thanks Karen :) I always think they are lacking in emotion so this is nice to hear! :)

      Delete
  3. These are great Julia. I especially love the ones with Nina's words. Isn't it great when little things take us elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally love it when that happens, Thanks Vanessa! :D

      Delete