POST 47: SEASON OF ADVENTURE #4

This week marks a month into the season of adventure with get messy and I am still going on about visiting Japan! 
It's the magic combination of an amazing experience and the right themes all at once... 

My pages this week were both created in a flurry, in about an hour. They were also the only two pages I made this week. 
This is unusual for me as I usually create in batches and spend a good few hours immersed in all of my crafty glory (mess). 
Even though the way I created this week was weird for me, I am really happy with my finished results and didn't feel the need to push myself further for either prompt - which is a nice satisfying feeling! 


HAI!
- scrap paper, washi tape, magazine, photoshop, stamp & handwriting

As promised - a page on Japan! These pages were made from random washi strips, magazine, spray painted paper, my little sushi man stamp and my own handwriting. I like the eclectic feel and the busyness of it all - very Tokyo!!! It is actually one of my favourite pages I have created this season - even though it is basically a big scrap heap ;)



It doesn't matter where I go 
- magazine, spray paint, paper & handwriting

This image and washi is something unfinished that I have had for such a long time. The image is from a university magazine and the washi tape I added from my haul in Japan (clang). I knew it would be a great image for the season of adventure and I love it so much I am actually considering putting it up somewhere in my house! Even though the quote doesnt really read of a happy home sentiment... 



Somewhere I don't know 
- magazine, spray paint, paper & handwriting

One of our prompts this week was to express ourselves in poetry. This is the kind of prompt that makes me come out in a rash (!) I've mentioned before my dyslexia, and general fear of words and numbers so it took a big bit of confidence to tackle this task. All I could come up with was a small rhyming (ish) sentence that although I really like and am happy with - I think I could of dug a little deeper. This will be my mission for next week! 


11 comments

  1. I love the hai page. The poem thing is not for me either. I didn,t even bother to try and make a rhyme! You are being brave and adventurous in sharing about your dyslexia with us! Way to go x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you Vanessa! I feel like I make a bit more sense as a person once I explain that I'm dyslexic!!! ;)

      Delete
  2. This will come as no surprise: I love your pages this week! I got sort of rashy too just thinking about writing a poem, and found not taking myself too seriously to be critical. And I could not rhyme to save my life. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - you're poem was so good! I will use it as inspiration because I'm determined to get something written down... thanks for all the love :D

      Delete
  3. Such a cool page! And a cute sushi man stamp! Scrap papers sometimes make the best pages for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! He's pretty awesome, right? :D :D

      Delete
  4. You didn't use the Haiku I wrote for you! I am sad :( Love both pages as usual. You must get fed up of everyone telling you how amazing you are!! I know I do!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha! The haiku will come to light one day I'm sure... ;)

      Delete