POST 43: GET MESSY GAME !

The last week of get messy prompts were a little bit different... Vanessa set us the challenge of a get messy 'game' rather than our traditional prompt set. 

This meant that each day (Monday-Friday) we received a small prompt on the get Messy blog and by day 5, we had a complete page. 

It was interesting to see everyone's different responses to the same prompts, and to see the variation at the end of the game - no two pages were the same, even though our techniques were identical. 




For me, it was a really hard challenge. I am a very impatient person and create a lot of my pages in a flurry, usually not really knowing what the end result will be. I think it was a good learning curve in letting go but I can't say I enjoyed it too much or even like my end result! 


If we do this game again, I think I would like to do multiple pages, to see how different my own brain can be.. that could be an interesting take on it... and then I can choose my favourite at the end! ;) 





2 comments

  1. That is exactly how i felt the first time i did this. My mistake was putting the elements next to each other instead of having them interact with each other. So i covered up half my page and turned it into something i love. It's ok to gesso all over this and start afresh. I covered mine with blask gesso and stopped 3/4 of the way in. Anyway, the purpose was to try something new and you get marks for doing it even though it didn,t feel right :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You :) I hate that I had to share it, haha! I think I'm going to cover it up !!!!!! I'll let you know how it goes... ;)

      Delete