POST 35: SEASON OF BRAVE #3

This weeks prompt for get messy art journal was set by me! I was really excited to be able to do this and can't wait to see the other members responses to it... 


Purple rain
- pressed flowers, collage, washi tape & watercolour 



The prompt was all about getting outside of your comfort zone and pushing yourself to try something new that you didn't necessarily consider your own style. 
For me - a lover of all things bold, layered and coloured, it was exploring minimalism within art-journalling. 


Eye swirl
- marbled paper, collage & marker pen 


I'm really happy with my pages and found that pushing myself out of my creative safety zone refreshing and rewarding. 
It's a style I'll definitely keep trying in the future and like that it feels fresh and new as well as maintaining the essence of 'me'. 



Things that go bump in the night... ARGH !
- collage & felt tips 


For all the brave, wonderful, strong women in my life!
- collage & spray paint






7 comments

  1. I really liked your prompt Julia and it inspired me to try something different. That's why I'm in the get messy group anyway to try new things and learn, plus it is the season of Brave! So it spurred me on to make a little zine, do a more personal art journaling and a different style. Your pages are inspiring and I am particularly drawn to your eye swirl pages.
    Thanks again, Emily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily :) I'm glad you liked the prompt! You're right.. pushing our boundaries is what is all about! The eye swirl is one of the barest pages I've ever made, I'm glad you like it!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your pages! And that single magpie :) they should always come in pairs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I am forever saluting single magpies and wishing them a good morning... :D

      Delete
  3. I love these pages and the idea of trying something the complete opposite to your normal style! It's so cool to see your twist on minimalism :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on minimalism -- it is still so full of energy and life. Really lovely, as usual.

    ReplyDelete