POST 31: THE END OF A SEASON: GET MESSY ART JOURNAL BLOG HOP

To mark the end of the season of love, #getmessyartjournal has organised a blog-hop. I, myself have never taken part in a blog-hop before so I'm eager and full of anticipation to what it might hold!

The subject of this post is all about the season we have just completed, as a design collective. Get Messy seasons run for 6 weeks so the season of love was from the beginning of the year, to this week as a finale and we will get our new season the beginning of April! 

During this season, the prompts asked to look at the things, people and moments in our lives that we love and in my opinion, it was a great topic to start of a new year. 


For the blog-hop we were asked to share our favourite pages from this season that we have made... 

re-kindling my love for sewing on paper and 'the notebook'

Yup

mash up collage of my grandparents wedding day & telegrams they received 

marker pen appreciation

discovering a new skill (cartoons!) I kinda feel sorry for this little guy in the rain ... 


Plus a few extras that I created this week... 



It's my party and I'll draw over magazines if I want to

- collage, felt tip, white marker & photoshop
Graphic Monochrome

- collage, felt tip, white marker & photoshop

Street Art Inspired
- collage, felt tip & photoshop


Girl
- collage, felt tip & white marker

This blog-hop is happening all over the get messy community (and there are currently a lot of us!) in my group are the following creatives.. Please check out there blogs and show them some love! <3

Elizabeth http://ontapfortoday.com (all the feels)
Sara http://sarafree.typepad.com (colour and collage extraordinaire)
Cait http://www.cait-makes.com (abstract lovers dream)
Cassandra http://scrapsavvycreations.blogspot.ca (mixed media medley)
Kristin http://rukristin.com/blog (crafting queen)
Delaney http://delaneypaige.typepad.com (project/life envy)
Anna http://inaveryforeigntongue.blogspot.com (bright and expressive)






24 comments

  1. Yep yep yep. These are my favourite pages of yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your work, especially the 'fierce' rainbow and the street-art inspired pages. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Rebecca :) the 'fierce' page took ages, but was really calming.. I need to do more! :)

      Delete
  3. I feel like your journalling techniques have diversified so much since the start - I love your combination of techniques throughout each page. I've loved your journalling from the beginning, and it's like each week, you raise the bar! In serious awe! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delaney you're too nice !!!! Thank you, I'm glad you like them :) I try, always to be evolving and to better myself, this group helps so much as I see the diversity you all produce and get inspired to work in new and different ways. Feeling the love right now :) <3

      Delete
  4. I love how fearless you are with color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, I don't even think about it - it's just in my blood! I'm obsessed with colour, I think everyone is, secretly ;) The hardest challenge for me would be a minimalistic page... eeep

      Delete
  5. I love all of the collaged elements. Especially on the first page spread with the Gucci and the colors up in the corner and stitching on the other side. Lots of fun touches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for getting me involved with this Julia- it has been soon much fun! You know I love your work and always find it inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy you're here and enjoying it! :D

      Delete
  7. I love you forever! You are golden and I am in awe of your style which is fresh and new and you each week since the very first Get Messy. Gushing fangirl here xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jules, I like the variety and boldness in your pages. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE your use of collage and scraps, especially in the Gucci spread - seriously inspiring. And I love the way you add depth and texture to the magazine tear-outs with your own drawings. I might just have to incorporate some of that into my spreads next season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, yes, get in on that collage life :D who uses scissors when you can tear it up?!

      Delete
  10. JULES! I love the spirit of your work! You have a fabulous energetic flow that comes through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH! That means a lot coming from you! :D thank you! <3

      Delete