POST 25: GET MESSY: SEASON OF LOVE #2

The season of love continues in the get messy programme and this week my pages are based around who/what love.. with a healthy dose of sewing involved! 

Pretty impressed with my anatomical heart for this LOVE page. I also really enjoy the cute cupcakes mixed in with the expressive and kinda gory heart veins.. this kind of clashing and macabre spirit is what I live for! 


- collage & marker pen 

I made a '100 loves' list in my small pocket sketchbook which I carried around with me at the beginning of this week and filled in when inspiration hit. I then scanned this in, added a dotted pattern to it and proceeded to spend 40 minutes of my life drawing stripes around it (loving every minute)

- collage, marker pen & watercolour



- collage, stitch, watercolour, felt tip & marker pen 


- collage, watercolour & stitch 

Almost all of my imagery for these pages came from my collection which dates back to around 2004 (!) The image below is from an interview for the film paper heart (it has awful reviews but I adored it when I was a student) although I dont remeber Nick from new girl being in it ?! The napkin on the right hand side I have kept for so long I dont even know it's origins but I'm sure I kept it for the penguin ;) I used inks on the next page and it soaked through the napkin. This gives a lovely organic feel to the page which helps out the PAPER HEART shouty text!

- collage, stitch, felt tip & marker pen 



























- watercolour, collage, stitch & felt tip






10 comments

  1. Julia - I love the way you displayed your hundred things list, and that you have old-school Nick Miller in your journal!! Also, gold star for the anatomical heart! Seriously - all of these pages are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you :D I was rather impressed by my heart as well - no tracing paper involved ;) and I love how you know Nick Miller too .. haha!

      Delete
  2. As always Julia you inspire me....but you know I have a super girl crush on you ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! The feeling is mutual lovely! ;) xo

      Delete
  3. These are awesome, I love all of the stripes!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I got in a kinda hypnotic state doing them - very therapeutic :)

      Delete
  4. I love your pages - all the colour, vibrancy, fun and I also have heaps of images from like ten years ago. So cool! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca! :) Glad to know there are fellow hoarders out there! ;)

      Delete
  5. Hooray for Nick Miller! Loved Paper Hearts (and also do not remember him being in the movie?!) Really love your collages with drawings over top! Super happy & vibrant looking pages :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Torrie! :) :) Paper Heart needs a re-watch for sure - I didn't realise it had so many fans, it makes me happy that it has love <3

      Delete