POST 24: GET MESSY: SEASON OF LOVE #1

Get Messy is back and better than before! We are currently in a season all about love and these are my first pages.  

Love isn't all sunshine and lollipops, growing up with someone who struggles with addiction is a hard love to give .. and to receive. 

- collage, highlighter, ink & stencil 







































- collage, highlighter, ink & stencil 


I have shared images of my grandparents before and their wedding, 60 years ago. 
It's a love that I admire and have been nourished by in my own life. 
I added the script here in watercolour, which is a conversation I had with my grandma about how she and my granddad got engaged <3 





























- collage, watercolour & washi



I then created a second collage using the images in a mini sketchbook (my new love in my stationary life) 


collage

Cartoon time... ! I created little 'emotions' for different types of love and may or may not of been inspired by a certain ikea pillow .. ;)

























 - oil pastel & CAD (back to my mini sketchbook- it's true love!










































- oil pastel, watercolour & CAD

- oil pastel, watercolour & CAD

If you're interested in get messy check out the blog, or want to see everyone elses amazing work, we post every Friday, every week so look for the #getmessyartjournal & #getmessyprompts on social media! 














4 comments

  1. I love the feeling in these pages. A little bit whimsical, perhaps? xx Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky :) I think you're spot on with the whimsical feelings <3

      Delete
  2. adore the grandparents pages and the super collage in your mini book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From doing that little mini collage I have decided I probably need a shredder in my life! ;) Thanks Briella :) :)

      Delete