POST 018: GET MESSY WEEK 13

Get Messy is changing and evolving and this is my first chance to share my take on the prompts Lauren & Caylee sent out at the beginning of December... 

Challenge #1:
Journal prompt: Choose a song that represents how you feel right now. Pair the lyrics with a photo of yourself portraying the emotion.
Art Prompt: Script out the lyrics to create your background using a font or special handwriting you created.

The Song I chose was 'there goes the fear' by the Doves. It's one of my favourite songs, especially from it's use in 500 days of Summer. <3 It definitely encompasses how I was feeling just before Christmas and was cathartic to write the lyrics over and over... 





































Challenge #2
Journal prompt: Randomly open a magazine or newspaper. Rip out an article title and write your own article for that title. Do not read the original article until after you write yours.
Art prompt: Find an image to pair with your new article from an unrelated magazine page. Or go simple: allow your focus to be on writing your article as thoroughly as possible, cover the page with your words until you have exhausted your topic.

I took this prompt from a different angle.. as I was flicking through the January issue of Vogue, looking for  an article, I found this quote and it connected with me. I tried to find something else that fitted the brief better but kept thinking of this one sentence so I decided to just go with it.. 

















































As always, follow my fellow #getmessyartjournal friends on all social media as we will all be 
posting around these prompts.. and more ! 







No comments