POST 18: GET MESSY CHRISTMAS PROMPTS

So although Christmas was 2 weeks ago (feels like years) I have only just found time to finish and upload my #getmessyartjournal Christmas Prompts!


Challenge #1:
Journal prompt: Choose a quote that represents your view on the holidays or sums up this years holiday season and add it to your page. 
Art Prompt: Use a quintessential photo of this holiday season that best depicts your quote. Bonus points if you create a hand painted background. 







































I made this whilst watching 'It's a Wonderful Life' on TV on actual Christmas Eve and just felt so lovely and festive and happy.. I think it comes across in the pages and I like that every time I see this, I get that warm cosy Christmassy feeling


Challenge #2
Journal prompt: Holidays are hard for many reasons, but they are also tender, funny and memorable. Write a quick story about an unusual moment from this holiday season that you want to remember.
Art prompt: Use leftover wrapping paper, cards, receipts, gift tags, etc to support your story and create a background for your page.




The background here is tissue paper I got a present wrapped in from my boyfriends mum and I was obsessed with it! It looks like Hundreds & Thousands, as well as pure joy! I also added this little robin tag, which I used in my gift wrapping and just enjoyed his little face :) My Candy Stamp that the lovely Cody Doll sent me was perfect for these pages, the story I chose was having my grandmothers blackcurrant crumble on boxing day. My Grandma is my favourite person on this earth and her crumble tastes like childhood. She hasn't made it for years because her health can be bad, so it was a surprise and my favourite memory from the holidays :) 


































































































4 comments