POST 011: GET MESSY WEEK 9

A new #getmessyartjournal Thursday has arrived! And although it's officially winter now, my pages this week definetly have an autumnal vibe about them... 


Tropical Leopard

I wasn't quite sure where I was going when I started these pages but I love love love the result? An inky, vibrant abstract leopard print that's pretty on trend for pattern right now! 

- watercolour on brown paper 


Forest Finch 

The bird in the middle is a postcard from my pattern box (I'm slowly but surely finding homes for all100!) and as I stuck this to a mulberry advert of the English countryside, the dotted pattern around kind of grew organically.. I had created the right hand side a few weeks before completing the left, which is all watercolour. I knew I needed patience for it and wanted to wait naturally for it to come!

- watercolour, collage & Felt Tip


Circus & Stripes

The postcard on the left is an old treasure of mine, I think I've had it for about 5 years now... It used to live with many others on various walls of various addresses over those years and I'm happy it has a more permanent home now, in my art journal. I've been watching american horror story: freak show this past week and these pages are loosely inspired from that. The glamour and excitement often linked with the circus and carni life.... Maybe soon I can do some freak pages too? I've always been drawn to the more gothic/ creepy/ unsettling subjects.... ;) 

- collage, watercolour & silver pen 


Magic Forest

I made these pages after receiving a letter in the post (left) which was black with stars all over. As soon as I saw it, I knew it was destined for an art journal home! These pages have a sort if mystical, magical, enchanting feeling to them that I like that extra bit more for being dark and urban...

- collage, acrylic on patterned roller, watercolour, ink & silver pen 



Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.





No comments