POST 010: GET MESSY WEEK 8

Another Thursday (this one is freeeezing!) and another #getmessyartjournal week! Much of this weeks pages were inspired / use elements from the spray painting workshop I went to a few weeks ago at medium in Leeds. I LOVED this workshop and am planning to return soon for some festive craftiness :) 



Marble Stripe 

The page on the right I had collaged together ages ago when I had a spell of nail varnish marbling and I just couldn't quite complete it... so this week I paired it with strips of spray painted paper and felt tip stripes. I live the kind of beachy, seventies vibe I get from this... 

- collage, magazine, marbling, felt tip & spray paint




Stencil Bomb 

The left hand page has my stencils on that I created in the medium workshop and the right hand page is one of the pieces I completed there. I didn't want to waste anything I created and this page looks pretty good considering it scraps! 

- collage, stencil & spray paint


Spray Painted Silver 

This page is just layers and layers of spray paint, with some stencilling thrown in. I am currently completely obsessed with spray paint, I think it's driving my boyfriend nuts... 

- spray paint on white paper


White Hot 

This is a quote I found last week and really related to so wanted to cement in my journal.

' I began to realise how important it was to be an enthusiast in life. White hot and passionate is the only thing to be ' Roald Dahl 

- acrylic on roller, collage & ink 


I hope you have enjoyed the first week of Novembers art journal, check out my Pinterest and Instagram for more crafty inspiration and life titbits from me :) As well as the #getmessyartjournal hashtag across social media to see everyone else's entries! 

Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.




2 comments