POST 009: GET MESSY WEEK 7

This weeks #getmessyartjournal is based around the October prompt by the gorgeous Olya (this month is her last get messy entry and she will be missed so much in our little community... dont leave us Olya!!!!) Anyway, the prompt was all about being thankful and expressing that through sketchbook pages with visual aids to really show what you are grateful for! This was a pretty big challenge for me, I seem to struggle a bit when it comes to personal pages but... I'm trying! 


F R E E D O M

With all you see in the news and media, I often feel very lucky to be a women living in the UK in 2014 and much of this has to do with freedom. This picture sums up it all.... I wanted to keep the pages neutral and free (see what I did there?) from too much fuss so you focus on the photograph and text.

- collage, marker pen & highlighter 


Thankful Brights

I wanted this page to be a real rainbow and to also demonstrate the things I AM thankful for in my everyday life 

- watercolour, ink, salt, bleach & collage 


With freedom, books, flowers and the moon.. Who couldn't be happy? 
Oscar Wilde

- ink, watercolour & spray paint 


Out of the Woods

This card was given to me a couple of years go for my birthday from my friend Lauren and I held onto it since then as I loved it so much! Now that I've made this page all I think of when I see it is 'are we out of the woods yet, out of the woods yet, out of the woods...' because i am a Taylor Swift obsessive.. #1989 !!  


Peppermint & Brick

I tea stained these pages with peppermint tea (a nice alt to English breakfast in colour!) I like the sepia, vintage feel of this page, I ran out of print stick so relied heavily in Sellotape but I'm quite fond of the effect it gives :)

And that's it for another get messy week! 
I've also been taking part in Fat Mum Slim #photoaday this month on instagram and I'm a little sad it's over tomorrow... The November prompts look pretty good though so it could be on the cards for another month! :) 

As always, check out my fellow participants from our awesome group! And make sure you go to Lauren's Blog today as we will all be linking up over there for the prompt!

Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.


2 comments