POST 008: GET MESSY WEEK 6

This weeks #getmessyartjournal is all about autumn! The rich colours, the fallen leaves, the crunch and the fresh crisp air. I'm actually starting to enjoy autumn a bit now, which is annoying as this weekend the clocks go back (nooooo!) and it's pretty much darkness from then until March. Gah! 

Anyways, back to the autumnal art!


Colour Crush

This page is a real throwback to my uni days, it's a mix of ink, bleach & water and salt. I LOVE the effect that you can get from grinding salt over wet ink and in these colour stripes, I'm reminded of real old school sweets.. Fizzy and sour... Anyone else? No? Ok... ;) 

(The little flash of city scape is from the page before and I like that it's just saying hey)



Organised Chaos

Aka, the story of my life... Apart from the bit about being organised... This is watercolour on brown sketchbook paper. I like he repetition and the un-even ness of the shapes as they are all hand painted. I'm also all over the warmth from the colours on the pages. 


Leaves & Spray Paint 

As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I'm all about autumn right now and I knew I wanted to do something with leaves before I'm stuck in the dead of winter and regretting it! I had these leaves for a while in my sketchbook but could quite decide what I wanted to do with them exactly... A few weeks ago I covered them in PVA but that was as far as I had gotten with any sort of creativity. So, this weekend I spray painted them! I like the silver on them as it adds a shimmer and slight magical element and the orange is like autumn on acid! The leaves are now framed and in my spare bedroom and I'm left with a nice, abstract, negative leaf print from the spray painting. 
Winning! 

A short but sweet #getmessyartjournal entry this week! next week is our prompt week as it's the end of the month and I'm really excited to share what I have been creating for it! :) 

As always, check out my fellow participants from the awesome group! 

Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.






6 comments

  1. Love all your art work! I'm dyin to try the leaves on paper but never thought about spray painting them! That's pretty brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those leaves and spray paint are just about the awesomest thing I've seen. I love your use of inks and paint, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally commented with my phone and it disapeared on me. What I said was, I LOVE the negative space of the spray painted leaves and the colors on that first page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun, cool, and creative pages! I love chaos...when it comes to art; it's very freeing!

    ReplyDelete