POST 006: GET MESSY WEEK 4

Hello! 

Another Thursday, a new #getmessyartjournal Day ! 


Mulberry After Dark

Dark, Gothic & Autumnal but still pretty and bright! I love this image, the combination of these ink flowers and collage is a fail safe technique for me and I'm all over this dark, romantic mulberry twist!


Fly Away Home

I saw these ducks in a magazine...they come from Not on The High Street and I think they're amazing! Sadly they wont be coming to live with me, so instead I gave them a home in my sketchbook against a backdrop of magazine, washi, brown paper and white acrylic. Once they were on the page I decided they needed a little bit more oomph, so painted the colourful ink rings around each duck. They look like they're bursting with life and vigour and ready for they're migration this winter!


Colour & Shape

Pretty self explanatory ... 

'I found I could say things with colour and shapes that I couldn't say any other way'

Georgia O'Keefe


Sixties Kendall

I had this magazine image of Kendall Jenner for a while before it made it into my sketchbook. I had drawn over her face with little tribal marks but wasn't sure what to do with it. In the end, I didn't do too much! Just over drawn some stripes and rolled some black acrylic. Sometimes the smallest effort can make a strong effect and that's what I like so much about art journalling :) 


Silver Swirl

These pages all came about from my re discovery of a silver pen. The right hand side is a magazine that I covered over in abstract drawn marker circles and the opposite page I drew these circles larger, more uniform. The silver pen on them gives them an iridescent, marble like effect, which was unexpected but pretty cool!

Make sure to check out the rest of the Get Messy participants <3 


Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.


2 comments

  1. Wow SO many amazing pages :o Great work :) I especially love the quote "'I found I could say things with colour and shapes that I couldn't say any other way'" I can definitely relate to that ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eliza! :) That quote is my life! (semi dramatic) xo

      Delete