POST 002: GET MESSY WEEK 1

So I have started with a lie.. this isn't my first get messy post, its actually week... 10! (all my previous pages, and the new ones too, are up on my pinterest, tumblr and instagram)
But for the sake of an even and neat looking blog, I will revert back to week 1, fresh start ahoy !





























Autumn is now here and even though I am an absolute lover of summer, I am quite enjoying the colours,
the leaves on the ground, the extra layers and the cozy evenings. This page is made from magazine collage,
watercolour and a bit of photoshop copy and paste ;)



























This page is actually next to the first one in my sketchbook but once I saw it on screen,
I preferred them apart. I took the inspiration for the colours and the heart and stripes
from the autumn magazine collage and again, added some extra photoshop copying and pasting
to complete the design! (which I love - that green!)









Don't worry BE HAPPY - magazine collage with added marker pen, I love this image,
it is from an article in ELLE UK magazine about Tavi Gevinson.
The focus of the interview is her growing up and becoming her own person and this image
captures that awkward post-teen pre-adult phase perfectly for me.
Sometimes I think and feel like I am still there myself, despite being 26.. !









And staying with the whimsical, youth feeling, this page was actually just a series
of confetti felt tip dots on a plain white paper, but I changed it up,
saturated and brightened in Photoshop and I am really happy with the end result.
It makes me think of dreams and clouds and cotton candy :)
Make sure to check out my fellow get messy people - they are all amazing!



Get Messy is an art journal challenge where a gang of crafty vixens are sharing art journal pages we have created to practise our skills and push past our creative limits with hopes to inspire. We share our pages without restraint every week, and once a month we create around a prompt. Go check out these crazy talented ladies who are creating pages who each have a unique perspective and style. We will be sharing our work around social media so follow the hashtag #getmessyartjournal.




No comments